Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Does the body good...


Sometimes, plain ole exercise does the body good or in my case watching pubescent young males run up and down a court, does me good. For 1.5 hrs i am lost in anticipation, enjoyment, excitement and even sometimes anger, but the great thing about it is...i'm lost. I am no longer thinking about bills, work, family issues and other ish. I am only thinking of the game, who's winning, how well my seed is doing and dammit are we gonna win. And i tell you, i come away from this experience every time feeling like i have just gotten a jolt of new life to me. You see, if you do the same things over and over again, life can become quite mundane. This twice weekly venture into the unknown has given me life, in fact, true story, my son got sick this weekend and couldn't participate in a game and i was the one depressed. For real, lol. Now we are back on track and his team is the #1 Seed, and we have 1 game to go before the championship. I am so hyped, so anxious, so loving this injection of new life into me that i had to share it with you. Yes, LIFE, and living LIFE my friends does the body good. So, why don't you get out there and get you some!

Peace, Miz

6 comments:

Veronica said...

I have been feelign SO much better since I started my fitness challenge.

I was leading a prety much sedentary lifestyle after I finish my marathon ...pure D LAZINESS but I'm back on it and I've been feeling better than ever. it realyl does do a body good.

Anonymous said...

Good Skill to young MrRepresent.
I Lol you for being the depressed one.

Youth inspires action, action inspires youth. #SixWordStories

I'm sure you've seen my Tweet(s), I'm back on my Run.Lift.Crunch™ game. "Yes, LIFE, and living LIFE my friends does the body good."

Keep inspiring!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I know exactly how you feel. When I volunteer with the kindergarteners and the nursing home, I'm completely in the moment.

It is so very refreshing!

Love for a great day!
China

PS ~ Go TEAM ;-)

Moanerplicity said...

Hey Miz:

I know this feeling so well. It's a mad beautiful thing! Watching a loved one do their damn thing and exceed at it does something very POTENT to our own interior. It can even inspire us to go out there & snatch our own JOY, in whatever that might be.

I'm proud of your young'n. Proud that he's made YOU so proud!

SJ!

One.

Anonymous said...

Inspiration in a few eloquent words. Thanks!

riva. said...

I can't wait for the day when I can sit court side and watch my unborn son cascade into a brighter future, ball in hand. Lucky you.

-Riv
RivaflowzDOTcom