Saturday, December 29, 2012
The Impossible Dream...
As i ventured out and welcomed the moment to socialize with other like adults i found myself examining this decades "mating call", or rather lack there of. I was profoundly disturbed at what we have become and where our relationships have landed. The common theme at each location was:
1. A lot of women.
2. A lot of women dressed overly sexual (showing body parts not meant to be seen in a public place, IMO)
3. A lot of men, sitting and talking with each other.
4. Everyone seemingly out for a good time and yet not showing that they were.
5. Women watching men, men watching women, and no ones talking.
6. An incredible amount of phone use, texting, searching, etc.
7. Groups of women partying with each other.
8. Very few hookups.
9. Black men's fascination with women who were not Black.
10. Older men acting like little boys, watching booties go by.
Surprisingly, we met some genuine brothers who still honored women, and was courteous enough to offer drinks and conversation without expecting anything in return...oh did i say a few, i should rephrase that, WE MET 1.
Has it become that hard to simply have a conversation, share a drink, enjoy a festive vibe with a stranger? I mean we are all out for a good time right? So why are we ignoring each other? Women propped up all around the bar and restaurant, looking good and Men almost opposite them, smh. I don't know what holds the future to our reconnect, but i must say that i am one who will never lower my standards to appease or attract a partner or a friend. Perhaps just taking this one stance, reclaiming our "womanhood", or "divine Goddess" will be a start. Is it just me, or are real relationships on the blink?
I hope not...i still believe in "The Impossible Dream", and by believing...it is POSSIBLE!
Wishing you all well and Happy New Year!